Wednesday, October 26, 2005

 

Charu's Interview

Charu Nivedita was interviewed in this week's Vikatan. As expected the interview itself was very spicy. And Charu does deliver with his ferocious punches in his satirical style. He has been writing quite a bit on his site also. I do not agree with everything he says in his site, but I admire his courage on various opinions disclosed. I am not sure his Vikatan interview is published in the paper form as it is available online. I remember that he mentioned in one of his articles earlier that his regular online column was stopped because of its very nature. That is, socially not acceptable. In a nutshell, he thrashes the duality of our political leaders raising issue over dancing in bars, cigarette smoking in Cinemas, etc. Also, the Kushboo episode gets its treatment.

One of the things I did not like about his site was about allowing Gnani to write a review of Thiruvasagam. I could not believe that Charu used Gnani as a critic of music. I've different feelings about the same album and I feel Gnani's was not a critic of the music but turned it as an attack on a celebrity. To use him as a rung in the satirical ladder is pathetic.

Comments:
Hi..
Read ur experience abt trichy..
became nostalgic.. :)
I too lived a long part of my life at trichy..
studied for 5 years at RSK..
then did 4 yrs of engg at Shanmugha..
Good old times.
-Raapi
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]