Saturday, December 10, 2005

 

Break

The unprecendented rains in Chennai were giving me company during my vacation. My vacation got postponed by a week and the rains continued. Especially, the storms during Nov. 29/30 were something I've not experienced in my lifetime. I woke up that night to heavy winds and incessant thunder. The drum beats from the clouds were so loud that it rattled the doors and windows in my home. The lightning showed me the glimpses of other people in the home sleeping through this. My cousin that stayed upstairs watched my description of the night in awe, as he did not hear any of this. Well the logged water around the home was some proof, but he made me doubt my experience. The water receded in the next couple of days and we quit practicing ballet going in/out of the house. I came back to USA and Chennai is going through another storm.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]