Friday, January 20, 2006

 

Listening to...

It seems like ages since my last post. So I decided to break the impasse with something that comes to my mind right now.

I am listening to "Arindhum Ariyamalum" songs. Wow, I must've listened to it like 100 times now and everytime I listen to the songs, they entertain me to no end. Especially the "Theepidikka...Theepidikka..". Have not listened to such mix of old and new. BTW, I've the old song also and I alternate between the old and the new. Though I'd have liked more of old in the new, but I am not complaining. And the other songs are in this movie are just as good.

During my college days, my friend Saravanan and I used to analyze the songs, especially Illayaraja's, to every bit of detail. Like the humming that comes in between the last word of the first line and the first word of the next line. It used to drive some of our friends crazy. As we would eloborate that a single note in the corner of a song added to the life line of the song. The reminiscence of this is due to the fact that I self muttered (having lost the active audience like Saravanan) the 'boing's and 'dooing's in the song as I heard them.

Another song that I liked recently is the "Freea vudu" song in Aaru. Wow, Madras was right in my ears. Especially, Saroja akka...cool

Comments:
theepidikka.. man it's an awesome mix. and freeyavudu... I love Jassie's and Saroja akkas voice. veryyy original!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]