Sunday, October 25, 2009

 

Karma - From a Bicyclist

This morning, I was on a bike ride and very quickly I went into backroads. The road did not even have shoulder and I was scared as hell for the cars that go very fast next to me. So I was watching things carefully and stopped on the side of the road, whenever I saw a trailer on my back. In a little while, I heard the hissing noise that all bikers hate - my front tube getting flat. I had a spare tube and co2 canister so I was not worried. I changed the tube quickly and as I was inflating the tire, the head that keeps the air in broke off and rendered the whole effort useless. So, I started to push my bike towards home at least 7 miles away. Some bikers asked if I needed help, but I decided not to disturb them as everyone would carry just one spare tube and they may need it. There was a guy biking on the opposite side of the road, stopped to ask if I needed any help and he would not take no for an answer. He gave me a spare tube (he had one extra), a new co2 canister and told me "Being top of the bike biking is so much better than on the side pushing". Well, I would not disagree. He was so generous with his parts that I wanted to pay him and he refused any payment. He said that was his karma, hopefully it will pay him back when he needs help. I hope so too. And I rode back - thanks to the unknown bicyclist. Bicycling on Sun morning is like going to church for me and has its unique lessons.


Comments:
After a long time you posted something in your blog. So be careful while on cycling.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]